Okay, so we kind of love mantras and slogans around here. Mostly, this is because we love to inspire and to be inspired. Our work is our passion and our passion is our work. We want to make dogs' lives longer, better, happier. After all, for thousands of years, dogs have been making our lives longer, better, and happier.
One of our guiding convictions is that dog people are good people. Here are just 5 of the myriad ways this is true:
1. You don't live only for yourself. A dog depends on you completely. He can't even go outside to take a potty break unless you let him out (more power to you if you have one of those doggy doors). Every morning, you wake up and tend to someone else's needs, often before your own (potty first, then coffee; feed dog, feed self, you know the drill). You have someone else to think about before you make plans for the day, the evening, your vacation. You very often put someone else's needs before your own (cue that 6 AM wake-up snout).
2. You're loyal. People and animals can depend on you, they can trust you. You value loyalty and commitment in others -- just take a look at your chosen pet. Who's more loyal than a dog?
3. You're conscientious. You're kind, you do what you know is right. Chances are, you've trained your pup to do the right thing, too.
4. You're agreeable. Scientists have shown this to be true (so there).
5. You know how to love another. You give and receive affection, which makes this world a better place.
Dog people are good people. Good for you, dog person. We like your style.