Weather's getting warmer again, folks. Bring on the copious shedding, the tumbleweeds of dog fur rolling along the tile floor, the hair all over your pants when you stand up from the couch...
If you don't want you and your family to look like fur-covered Sasquatches, read on:
1) It only took us 3 sentences to talk to you about the Scenthound Express again! But for real: Regular baths mean healthier coats mean less shedding. If you get your dog groomed regularly -- and if you don't -- consider stopping in for a while-you-wait Scenthound Express every couple of weeks. It's only 25 bucks and your dog -- and your couch -- will thank you.
2) "Fatty" is not a bad word: Fatty acid supplements and fish oil can help -- ask us next time you're in the salon and we'll point you in the right direction.
3) Don't be a cheapskate: Feed your pup good food with high-quality ingredients. Why? Cheap dog food has lots of fillers that are harder to digest, which means your dog gets fewer vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, which means your dog is healthier. Healthy dog = less shedding.
4) Also, don't be clueless: ask us the right brush to be using on your dog's particular coat. AND USE IT. Brush as often as you can -- this is the best way to keep shedding down. Even better, go somewhere outside and brush your dog so that you can leave a pile of dog-scented fur on the grass and scare the you-know-what out of the next squirrel who passes by...
5) Keep fleas off your dog so he doesn't scratch so darn much. Everyone benefits from that one!
In closing, PLEASE let us make one "fur" pun. It's painful not to. Here it is: We are here fur you! (Ahh, that's better.)